I have been real busy with work lately, nothing unusual in that. It’s back to uni in a few days time now *shock* *horror* Albeit that will be sort of interjected, nearly immediately, with a visit back home for chinese new year. I am not sure if I should be looking forward to it. Mother and the weather definitely put off the idea of visiting altogether. However, It’s been a while since I have paid my respects to my dad’s side of the family, formally, and it would be a nervous, awkward change.
Furthermore, I suppose it’s a good idea to go back and visit and also do some courtesy calls/visits and what not, although some of these visits will have to wait till the end of this year or the beginning of the next due to superstitions. With dad now gone, someone has to pay courtesy calls on people my dad was friends with. These people have kept in contact and visited dad at the funeral. Left to my mum, I supposed the ties will be completely broken. Dad would be terribly upset. However, I am no good at “courtesy calls” either. What to bring, what to say, what to do? *fidget* oh well, if i make any errors, I am sure I won’t get invited again! then I would know, hahahaha!
As for uni, having advanced standing made enrolment an interesting event. I knew some of these would happen, I have been forewarned. Still, it was a little odd and nerve wrecking, to say the least, at the blase pace the university went at to get me into the course.
Things of note:
1) This year, University of Canberra changed their nursing curriculum. What this means, really, I have no idea for I have nothing to compare it with. According to a person I spoke to over the phone, this resulted in the limited number of student intake last semester (whereby I was affected, which, in hindsight, was probably a good thing).
2) Just because I had advance standing didn’t mean that I had a whole lot of leeway. Within this uni, due to the structuring of their course, it’s still going to take me a whole 3 years to finish the course. It’s irritating, but at least the course load is (sort of) lighter.
3) Despite having studied here, finished courses blah blah blah, I am still classified as an international student for entry reasons and is required to sit through the IELTS both before and after the course. It’s quite disturbing to say the least. Considering the level of English of doctors and nurses at the hospital, I wish they would make everyone sit through the IELTs for re-registration. makes it fair!
4) I have picked up Japanese since, for some semesters, I need 1 more unit to be considered full time. Plus, it sounds fun. Plus, I have done Jap before. sort of. maybe. one semester’s worth hahaha!
5) UC has had winter semesters for a few years now. It would not shorten my time at uni very much, but it would lighten my workload for the final 2 semesters I believe, not to mention possibly remove the need for placements during the semester (thereby taking time away from Japanese). I look at this option with great interest, but I am not sure entirely if I would like to be “schooling” the entire 3 years worth. It could make a dark tunnel longer, lonlier and darker.
For the most part, this is already appearing to be a rather smooth sailing rest of the year. UC did screw up a bit, telling me i was in, then I wasn’t, then I was. After enrolling in my units, I received a phone call wondering if I am accepting the offer (~_~), which then led to me making really exasperated noises in bed. However, I am communicating with the lecturers before the enrolment. Paperwork has been sent to me and all – this is getting on at a good pace and I like it .
Of course, I am still worried about some aspects. Japanese worry me. However, if I throw in some immersive techniques, I believe this would work eventually (JDramas, news articles, not to mention some light novels). here’s to hoping – and also to building my own flashcards hahaha!
BY THE WAY! I can’t believe it’s been months since I talked about my Vita! I have been playing heaps on it, and intending to review Disgaea and Ragnarok Odyssey! Despite taking tonnes of screenshot and having bought my second vita, in white (!!) I never got around to it! was so hook on playing them. I will get around to it when I can